Olympian Lolo Jones, 29, is staying a virgin until marriage

By Us Weekly

Lolo Jones' journey to the Olympics hasn't been easy but it's been easier than finding a husband!

The 29-year-old Olympic track and field star revealed on Twitter she's a virgin and further explained why in Tuesday night's interview with HBO's Real Sports .

PHOTOS: Celebs who love athletes

"It's just something, a gift that I want to give to my husband," she said. "But please understand this journey has been hard. If there's virgins out there, I just want to let them know, it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Harder than training for the Olympics, harder than graduating from college, has been to stay a virgin before marriage."

But she's had plenty of offers!

Alexandra Wyman / Getty Images for ESPY

She'd rather wait: US track athlete Lolo Jones says she'll stay a virgin until she's married.

"I've been tempted. I've had guys tell me, they're like, 'Hey you know if you have sex it will help you run faster,' " Jones joked. Her response? "If you marry me, then yeah."

PHOTOS: Biggest star sex tape scandals

And the athlete, who is competing for gold at the London Games this summer, decided to make her virginity public because she's tired of people asking why she's single.

"I hate talking about it but hate people saying they can't understand why I've been single so long. Explains the whole pic," she tweeted Tuesday.

Still, Jones jokes about her virginal status. One Twitter follower wrote her, "Saw a headline that said LoLo Jones 30 year old virgin. What?" She tweeted back, "I'm 29. I have a few more months before I'm the movie sequel."

PHOTOS: When stars lost their virginity

Check out 5 other things you don't know about the virgin runner.

1. She left her family to become a runner. Jones grew up with a single mother in a family of six with her father in and out of jail. "When we couldn't pay the rent, we had to move," she told the Associated Press. But she refused to move while attending Theodore Roosevelt High School in Des Moines, Iowa and instead lived with friends and their family that would take her in.

2. She tripped in the 2009 Beijing Olympics. The runner was favorite to win the 100-meter hurdles, but ended up finishing seventh after she tripped during the race.

3. She cried reading The Hunger Games. "Darn Hunger Games book had me choking up on the airplane," she tweeted. "Rue, district 11 and their crescent shaped bread."

4. She uses Twitter to find dates! Jones told HBO's Real Sports that she's tried every online dating site, but Twitter works best. "I'm waiting for the day where somebody totally tricks me with their Twitter picture. Like they're using an Abercrombie model and I show up on the date with somebody from The Biggest Loser."

5. She's posed semi-nude! The athlete disrobed for ESPN's 2009 Body Issue. "I asked the pastor at my church if he'd still let me come to church on Sunday," she joked of appearing semi-nude in the magazine.

More: Video: Olympic swimming hopefuls show off moves
Two brothers compete for one Olympic trampoline spot
Olympic hopeful Ryan Lochte to Vogue: I'm a coach's nightmare
Olympic hopefuls' moms on supporting star athletes

Jump to discussion page: 1 2 3

Poor, foolish girl. She's 29 but has the sexual maturity and experience of a 13 year old. Not many men find that sexy.

#1 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 PM EDT

Umm... Dave did you actually look at her picture before you posted that comment...

And by the way, you are such a pig.

#1.1 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 PM EDT

Dave-1004775: Don't feel bad for her "lack of sexual maturity" People can be in love, have affection, passion withOUT sleeping around. You don't need to be a HOOCHIEMAMA to know what love and passion are. This woman is educated, athletic, gorgeous and will have SEX when she is ready. I'm sure that's a LOT more than you have going for yourself.

#1.2 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:48 AM EDT

Well Dave, it is quite obvious that you are the one with the sexuality of a 13yearold. I applaud her for sticking to her convictions. Furthermore, she is absolutely correct when saying "it is the hardest thing to do." we are constantly bombarded with stories, movies, MUSIC VIDEOS, other media, and just plain TV with the idea that it is COOL to lose your virginity before your married. I wish more women, AND MEN, shared the same view. She is going about her relationships as woman should do, in my opinion, but also, I don't condemn anyone who does otherwise. We, you included, all have freedom of will in this situation we all must face at some point. you must not understand why we should wait. if you have never had a partner until you are married, then there will be no reason to find a different partner. why you say?! Because that will be the ONLY person you have had relations with and you won't be able to, or want to compare. you will be overjoyed because it is the most precious gift you can give your bride, or groom, to-be. maybe someday you will grow out of your 13 year old mentality and quell your "primal instincts...then again?

#1.4 - Thu May 24, 2012 1:51 PM EDT

men dont find it attractive when a girl saves herself for marriage? yeah only self centered egotistical and not compassionate or in love males.. of course! the man whores that just want to bang of course cause they want a true whore like themselves in bed with them to see who is going to outdo the other ..... where is the purity of saving yourself gone, because i was a virgin at 21 when I got married and my husband to this day still appreciates it , he knows he has a wife that will be true to him and he has no worries of me ever becomming a slut that will take for granted my life together with him, like so many empty slutty whores do and ruin thier marriages just because they think there is something out there more interesting. The key to 35 years of marriage and truth is having crazy sex with your partner and knowing that person deep in your soul. cause anyone can have sex with multiple partners and in it where is the love? there is none, it is just sex like effen animals. So saving herself, good for her! she respects herself and is not a slut like so many other women in this world....

#1.5 - Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 PM EDT

Wrong DAVE!!!

From the "Raunchy Spoof 'Sex House'" Quote, "that virgin was supposed to be MINE!"

#1.6 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:01 PM EDT

Jon and TodaySTL, you guys said it exactly right. If I knew then what I know now about sex I wouldn't have EVER lost my virginity. In fact I don't even have sex unless it's with someone I date and not for a very long time AFTER we start dating. Sex isn't a priority for me and it's a shame society has placed such emphasis on it in relationships. Relationships are about love not about how good you are in the sack.

So I say good for her. Dave, and any who think like Dave, are idiots.

#1.7 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 PM EDT

Since when being asked why a person is not married have to do with being a virgin?

Was she publicly asked if she was practicing abstainance or if she was a virgin?

Wasn't practicing abstainance the in thing about 10-15 years ago, when these folks used to even wear a bracelet or something like that to show they were into/practicing abstainance?

Wasn't it later found that some of these teens who were supposedly practicing abstainance- waiting until marriage- , were practicing oral etc sex , because they believed that oral etc sex was supposedly not actually participating in sexual activity and that they were still virgins because it was not vaginal sex, if I am not mistaken. Just saying....

Anyway why does she feel that she must discuss her sex life with anyone else that she is not in a relationship with, much less the general public?

Not every one gets married or want to get married, or have sex or want to have sexual contact, so what with that weak reason for broadcasting that she is a virgin, about supposedly because she was tired of being asked why she was still not married already?

Is or was there a cut off date/age after which a person cannot get married?

What about telling the person who enquires about marriage status ..."it's none of your business" or answer with ''ask me no question and I will tell you no lie", as opposed to broadcasting your virginity status, sex life or absense there of to the world?

On the other hand ...is this one of those ' in a crowded field one must find something to make one stand out from the rest' moment?

She has certainly been seen all over the internet and other media since 'coming out' (LOL) as a virgin.

Perhaps she should register with that Christian Dating Site instead of seeking dates from her twitter following. Probably much safer too..maybe.

Anyway...whatevva....

Go USA.... Go USA olympians...... stand tall, show your excellence and win many medals even if it is in your Made in China gear....

Peace.....

#1.8 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:42 PM EDT

Manoula.... was your husband a virgin too when you two got married?

Is there a study that show that marriage longevity and wedded bliss results from both partners being virgins, or one half of the couple being a virgin on their wedding day?

Is there a study that shows that premarital sex leads to a miserable married life, infidelity or divorce?

There used to be an old addage that went something like... if a woman wants a successful, longlasting marriage She must be ' a lady in public but a hor in bed'.

On the other hand - and because this is the 21st century with equality and all that, .. He must be a gentleman in public, but a nurturing, sensitive cuddler, listening 'little blue pilled' energizer bunny in bed...... LOL

Could this possibly be true, or is it just...true?

Anyway, have a great weekend fellow Newsviners. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.....

Peace...

#1.9 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 PM EDT

Well I don't know about waiting until the age of 29 to lose your virginity...that seems kind of long. BUT I very strongly believe people should wait until they finish college..so wait until around age 21 at least, or maybe even a little later for some people who are more socially inmature. Sadly our society and media lead teens to believe they should have sex before out of high school. And what happens? Lots of heartache especially for girls who get pregnant as a teenager, lots of abortions, lots of STD's spread around that ruin lives. And also kids doing poorly in high school as far as grades because after you have sex your mind is on SEX, not on making good grades and your future. At least if people waited until after college, if they then got pregnant from a sexual encounter at least they have an education to where maybe they can get a decent job to support the child!

#1.10 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 PM EDT

Dave, you are so wrong!!!

#1.11 - Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 AM EDT

I do!

#1.12 - Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 PM EDT

It probably takes more sexual "maturity" to not sleep around, than it does to do the opposite. As for men not finding Ms. Jones sexy...speak for yourself.

#1.13 - Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 PM EDT

Manoula, I certainly hope your husband was a virgin and not a slut on your wedding night. Why would you keep yourself "mint" for used goods? Thinka bout it.

#1.14 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:56 AM EDT

Why would you keep yourself "mint" for used goods?

Interesting perspective. I'm remembering that for future use.

#1.15 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 12:00 PM EDT

Don't be silly, only women get damaged by sex, that's why you should only give it up to your husband when trying for a baby.

does i needs a sarc tag?

#1.16 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 1:20 PM EDT

LOL, sadly, there are those who think that way...

#1.17 - Thu Aug 9, 2012 9:27 AM EDT

LOL, sadly, there are those who think that way...

#1.18 - Thu Aug 9, 2012 9:27 AM EDT

Here's to all the virgins, out there: Thanks for f@#king nothing!

Reply#2 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:04 PM EDT

What a waste of time. She will soon learn that virginity is highly over rated and she will probably lose her virginity to some guy just as immature and inexperienced as she is and will think, I waited all this time for this?? I know...let's ask Bristol Palin what she thinks. An abstinence only sex education sure worked out for her...right? Whatever, truth is, she's afraid, with nobody, apparently, to help her through an experience she should have had years ago.

#2.1 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 PM EDT

Your opinion-- not facts. Not that Bristol Palin has anything to do with this, but she has said she wished she waited, so that tends to support Lolo's POV rather than refute it.

#2.2 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 AM EDT

What does being a virgin have to do with maturity????? Frankly, I think she is being mature by making a personal decision based on her values and morals and not following social influences.

#2.3 - Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 AM EDT

I think she is a great role model for many young women out there. I live in a large urban city in the south, and I see so many young girls barely out of middle school pushing strollers, dealing with sometimes several kids with no man, baby-daddy, whatever to help. It breaks my heart to see this because their lives will be forever changed by having children at 13, 14 years old, sometimes even younger.They are still children themselves. So many of you that condemn Ms. Jones are the very ones that ridicule "welfare queens" or poor single mothers, saying women need to keep their legs closed, learn self control. Well here's somebody that is, and you got a problem with it? Hypocrites!

#2.4 - Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:00 PM EDT

@ diamond4 "What does being a virgin have to do with maturity?????"

Nothing, diamond4, it's just the social hose-beasts an' ho's of America couldn't wait to be decadent when they were young, and now they have no token left to show of their "one-time innocence".....attacking those who do have self-discipline and restraint is their only recourse...

#2.5 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:58 AM EDT

Where are the male Lolo Jones telling the world they are saving themselves? If virginity is the be all end all of existence, shouldn't males be "saving themselves", too? After all, those teenagers pushing strollers had help.

#2.6 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 1:02 PM EDT

Tim Tebow has "saved himself" for marriage.....and has received nothing but hate and vitriol from the low-life of America.

#2.7 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 2:26 PM EDT

That's one...where are the rest?

#2.8 - Thu Aug 9, 2012 9:31 AM EDT
                        Comment author avatarTdub-3088600Expand Comment Comment collapsed by the community

If she doesn't do something about that soon she may end up being raptured to serve as one of the 72 virgins bequeathed to all the suicide bombers who attempt to martyr themselves. Maybe the semi-nude pic will dissuade allah from giving her to one of his lil buddies.

Reply#3 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:11 PM EDT

Tdub, what you said has nothing to do with the subject matter. My opinion is she is extremely attractive which makes what she is doing extremely courageous. She must be a saint. Talk about self control. I admire her.

#3.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 PM EDT

Jim you are one of the few men that mean something good in this sick world!

#3.2 - Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 PM EDT

Actually, manoula, I'm very encouraged by what I've read on this site.....The moral majority truly are taking a stand.....and the hose beasts just look like ....well....what they are.....pathetic.

#3.3 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 12:02 PM EDT

I don't know why she, uh, opened herself to such ridicule-- (see above) but God bless her. A good man will find that sexy, Dave-- good for her.

Reply#4 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 PM EDT

Must be the National Inquiror type of newscasters like the today show commentators laughing when imaging they lost their viginity before marriage.

#4.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 10:29 AM EDT

good for her. I dont now why this is news. More people should act more responsible to focus on their career and leave their personal life for later.

Reply#5 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 PM EDT

Exactly, the only reason the article was good was to get obamacare repealed and completely defund planned parenthood.

#5.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 AM EDT

Good for her! But, sadly, her future husband won't be offering the same "Gift".

Reply#6 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 PM EDT

Precisely....why is she doing this for her future unknown husband who will almost certainly have had his way with multiple women by then? What a subservient, meek mindset. Not too uncommon in an overly-religious upbringing, though. Branch out for goodness sakes.

#6.1 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 PM EDT

And you know this how???

#6.2 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 AM EDT

And you know this...how?

#6.3 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:16 AM EDT

haha, that's what all people think. 24 year old male living in Des Moines who is a virgin. Don't settle! Any yes I've had plenty of offers!

#6.4 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 AM EDT

I think it's wonderful that she's decided this for herself! And there are guys out there who are virgins, they just don't often come out and say it. For some reason, there is a taboo on virginity, but I think it should be praised. There are so many articles ridiculing girls for sleeping around, for having kids out of wedlock, then someone says, I'm a virgin and I plan on being one until I'm married and she's still ridiculed. Girls just can't seem to win.

#6.5 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:09 PM EDT

@ Renee

"Good for her! But, sadly, her future husband won't be offering the same "Gift".

What makes you think every American male cannot do what women do in living chaste and moral lives?? That's one heck of an assumption, woman! Rest assured morality is not dead in America....and is in now way based along the lines of gender....

#6.6 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 12:07 PM EDT

Good for her. It's her choice and I'm proud of her for being so honest. There are many teenage girls out there (and I am the mother of one), who are bombarded with a constant message that there is something wrong with them if they don't want to have sex before marriage. If we are going to treat EVERYONE equally, then virgins, homosexuals, celibates, heterosexuals, and everybody else under the sun needs to be treated with respect and kindness. More power to her!

Reply#7 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 PM EDT

"Her choice" Thank you good way to phrase it. For a Mom teaching teens my title gets the point across. Imagine the point of view from a foster child.

#7.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 AM EDT

Almost 25, a virgin and I'm not ashamed. In fact when I finish grad school and do get married, I won't have a history of shameful acts with other women.

Why are the righteous being ridiculed? Perhaps it's the only way you guys are able to validate your own deplorable acts, to drown out the guilt.

Reply#8 - Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 PM EDT

you shouldn't be ashamed of any personal decision you make, but why do you think that sex is a shameful and deplorable act? you sound like you're ridiculing people who don't make the same choice as you do.

#8.1 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 PM EDT

There are plenty of shameful sex acts....not the least of all is waking up next to a hideous person when the beer goggles are off

#8.2 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:36 PM EDT

My wife likes deplorable. A couple of beers and I can do shameful too.

#8.3 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 PM EDT

You're welcome to your choice but don't think for one moment that it's any better than someone else's choice to not follow yours. Good for you...that's all you get.

#8.4 - Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 AM EDT

I'm not ridiculing you. It's your choice. But I do find some hypocrisy in your attempt to ridicule others with you comment about deplorable acts and guilt.....

#8.5 - Thu May 24, 2012 11:03 AM EDT

why do these virgins always feel compelled to share this information with the public?

Reply#9 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 PM EDT

Why do gays insist on coming out of the closets?---they're insisting that society accept their way of life--or choices.....Are not those who choose a chaste and virtuous way of life afforded any less the opportunity of expression......or is that reserved solely for the decadent?

#9.1 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 12:15 PM EDT

I don't mind anyone coming out with anything, I just feel her reasons are based on misogyny.

#9.2 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 1:23 PM EDT

She's smart. She isn't exposing herself to diseases that may hurt her health, her fertility, her future children, and her choice of marriage partners (some of you say men won't marry someone without sexual experience - well they will also think twice before marrying someone with a sexually transmitted infection like HIV or herpes). Women carry most of the burden of STI's - this is biologically just the way it is. Don't do a thing if you haven't had your partner tested for STI's AND you ain't got that ring (and community property). By the way, I am a feminist.

Reply#10 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 PM EDT

We can tell.

#10.1 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:34 PM EDT

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply#11 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:25 PM EDT

the only reason this is a story is b/c the woman is quite attractive. if she was ur average everyday homely woman, the story would read... "Average-Looking Olympian Stayin A Virgin Until Marriage.... DUH !!!" :)

Reply#12 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 PM EDT

No doubt, although this argument can rightfully be made of anyone in the public eye. I'm sure there are human beings amongst the 7 billion currently living on planet Earth that are as good - or better - actors/singers/hosts than the uber-pretty people who make career at it. Bottom line.......not all people who have a good voice or can act are hot, they're just a lot better to look at while possessing the requisite skills to get the job done.

#12.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 AM EDT

dbcooper72: a much better writer, thank you! indytonyguy: "Stayn, duh" wow....

#12.2 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 AM EDT

Ironic that you are horrified by a virgin going public considering the semi-porn that is on TV and the ever-present details of gays and Miley Cyrus....talk about crap I'd rather not hear about!

Reply#13 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 PM EDT

Dear Lolo Jones,

Being a mature, divorced, male, I can honestly say that you show commitment to your ideals, courage to stand your ground against the social norm, and determination to follow through no matter what. I hope you find a mature male that is sincerely worthy of your honor.

Have a wonderful life, and I wish you the best in London this summer!

Reply#14 - Wed May 23, 2012 10:58 PM EDT

Yeag right, your still a Virgin.

Reply#15 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 PM EDT

Can you provide a good reason why Lolo would lie about this?

#15.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 AM EDT

dobi:

The person who could say about Lolo, "I can tell you where the birth mark is" would be famous for 15 minutes (or sell the story to the Tabs)...and I bet there will not be such a person.

#15.3 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 PM EDT

@ dobi-1146228 "Yeag right, your still a Virgin."

I can see where self control and restraint is such a very unbelievable concept to the decadent of society.....who've never tried it at all.....

#15.4 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 12:19 PM EDT

She's a good example for all children, especially because of her health and maturity. I think she has triumphed over all considering the fact that a mature person who can handle complex obligations in upringing a family knows what they want and what they are doing, and none can compare themselves to them. Her smile is of someone you think about all day, all night, even in your dreams and await for the next time to talk to them in person or on the phone where you always get down to the point of life. Good luck 'Lolo' and may a cool Olympian breeze push you a little faster and even carry you as if you're in flight to the finish line.

Reply#16 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 PM EDT

Lolo, regardless to what you read or hear others say, the decision was yours to make and keep. As long as you feel you made the right decision, be proud of your choice. It's your body to share only with the one you choose. You go gurl from a proud old man hehehe.

Reply#17 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 PM EDT

That is quasi-pervistic, but you go bro.

#17.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 AM EDT

Well if this is true in a strange way I can admire her.

But someone that old and that good looking that is still a virgin?

All I can say is she must excel in other areas.

Reply#18 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 PM EDT

I absolutely respect her decision to exercise sovereignty over her own body. However, I really wish she'd keep her private conduct - or lack of it - to herself. Lolo's virginity is of no interest whatsoever to me or anybody else, except perhaps anyone she dates and/or those whose ideological constipation would make them more than happy to exploit her disclosures about what should have remained her private concerns.

Reply#19 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 PM EDT

Hey, msnbc, thanks for alerting me to the fact that someone I've never heard of has made a decision that affects me in no way.

Reply#20 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 PM EDT

Live while you're young girl! If God meant for us to wait until 30 yo he wouldn't have made us so horny at 16 yo.

Reply#21 - Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 PM EDT

Exactly. Don't think for a minute that she isn't the Yoda of masturbation - the very thing that everyone who thinks she's so great despises to their very core!

#21.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 12:07 AM EDT

I think she's great, and I have no problem whatsoever with being the "Yoda of masturbation"-- though I think my 13 year-old son is the current title holder ;) You seem to make lots of assumptions about people

#21.2 - Thu May 24, 2012 9:38 AM EDT

TracknFieldMom:

L-O-L!!! But it's not fair...they changed the title requirements since I was a kid.

#21.3 - Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:15 PM EDT

You people are absolutely filthy....no wonder our country is going down the drain....

#21.4 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:46 AM EDT

What does it say that someone who is still a virgin before getting married makes the news? And why are some of these posters so angry with her? Jealousy? Guilt?

Reply#23 - Thu May 24, 2012 8:11 AM EDT

That's my take on it, Rixter.....her being a virgin "ruins" their pseudo-fantasies as they drool from behind their keyboards all alone in the house.... lol

#23.1 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:45 AM EDT

I am appalled that this is what we have come to! With so many bigger issues going on in our country and in the world, this is what makes the news? REALLY!!! Lets not focus on these issues nor do should be constantly be hearing about how much money celebrities are making and how they go all over the world for vacation / holiday! Who cares?

Reply#24 - Thu May 24, 2012 8:28 AM EDT

Repeal Obamacare. Jobsearch for everyone including veterans.

#24.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 AM EDT

"Lets not focus on these issues nor do should be constantly be hearing about how much money celebrities are making and how they go all over the world for vacation / holiday!"

I think what bothers people the most is that one of "those celebrities" (enjoying countless holidays and vacations while our country is dying), is our president....

#24.2 - Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:42 AM EDT

I am commenting on the interviewer that did the piece on the Today Show with Lola. How dare she call Lolo's commitment to abstinence a "Fairy Tale" lifestyle. She made commentary on her own interview! How disrespectful, and ridiculous journalism! I hope that the video of you laughing was an editing choice, and not what you did while she shared her beliefs with you. Shame on you, Today Show, for allowing such a slant on deep spiritual commitment. Report the story and keep your commentary out of it. You ruined a potentially inspirational interview that could have encouraged and inspired so many people to treat their bodies and the souls with more respect. Just because you might feel a certain way about a subject doesn't mean there aren't throngs of people committed to God and trying to live a life that is healthy and good.

Reply#25 - Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 AM EDT

April you are 100% correct! That part of the story is why I came to the website to make comments. I'd like to see any of the newscasters imagine their childhood with their father in and out prision like Lolo's father while growing up and then an Olympic athlete.

#25.1 - Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 AM EDT

You are to be commended, Lolo. It is very honorable to be able to be whole person to be a gift to the man you marry. It is just as honorable for him to be able to be whole for you. Rooting for you even more in the Olympics

Reply#26 - Thu May 24, 2012 8:59 AM EDT